Vacant Property Insurance

Finding Vacant Property Insurance can be a tough process, as notempty buildings insurance many insurers are keen on covering Vacant Properties for lengthy periods of time.

Vacant Property Insurance is often taken out when a Property has been or is going to be empty for an extended period time, for example if the Property is for sale or have works done.

whatever your needs you are able to get a Vacant Property Insurance policy that is tailored to you. 

You are able to take out cover for a period of 3, 6 or 12 months or any other period if necessary. There are different levels of cover available to suit your needs and budget.

What is covered by Vacant Property Insurance 

Vacant Property Insurance is typically broken down into the following areas:

  • Buildings Insurance
  • Contents Insurance
  • Property Owners Liability
  • Legal Expenses

What to look out for with Vacant Property Insurance

When organising your Vacant Property Insurance, it is important you have the correct cover for your needs.

For example, some polices will only cover you for damages caused by fire, lightening, earthquake and explosion. This means you wouldn’t be covered for escape of water by a damaged pipe, which is one of the most common cause of damage in an Vacant Property.

It is also that you understand and can comply with the terms and conditions of the policy. For example, you may be required to drain water systems, maintain a minimum temperature or even board up windows and/or letter boxes at the Property.

Some of these requirements might be unrealistic of difficult fro you to implement, so it is advisable to work with a specialist Property Insurance Broker to help negotiate the best possible terms that fit you and the Property.

Contact us for a Vacant Property Insurance quote

We are often arranging Vacant Property Insurance for different property types such as:

  • Empty Commercial Premises insuranceproperty insurance broker, landlord rent insurance
  • Unoccupied Let house insurance
  • Empty Buildings Insurance
Contact us today for a no obligation quote


Dan has assisted me when acting for executors and administrators who are responsible for safeguarding a property during their appointment. As the properties are often vacant they require adequate insurance and Dan provides cost effective comprehensive policies as well as excellent service!”- Lorna Bastian, Solicitor 


”Dan at Evans Insurance Brokers arranged Unoccupied Property Insurance for me urgently – Direct Line would no longer insure my property as the tenant had moved out. He was a life saver! I was really worried and had 2 days to sort it but Dan’s the man! He sorted it all out for me and took the stress away.” – Catherin Boyd, Wigan .