What can be protected by Contents Insurance
Your contents can be protected against different types of damages that may occur to your property.
Here is a list of what you typically can be covered against:
- Theft or Attempted Theft
- Any Person taking part in Terrorism, a Riot, Violent Disorder, Strike, Labour Disturbance, Civil Commotion or Acting Maliciously
- Subsidence or Heave of the site upon which the buildings stand or Landslip
- Storm, Flood or Weight of Snow
- Escape of Water from fixed water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Aircraft and other flying devices or items dropped from them
Contents cover can also be extended to include:
- High Valued Contents
- Accidental Damage to the Contents
- Items in Banks/Safety Deposits
- Specified and Unspecified Valuables and Personal Possessions while in and away from the home
- Increased Contents of Garages, Sheds, Greenhouses and Outbuildings
- Mobile Phones
Tips for arranging Contents Cover
Be sure to read your policy documents through so you have a good understanding for what is being covered.
If you take a walk around each room in your house and add up the value of the contents. This can help you value the contents you want covered. It may be prudent to have some items valued, some insurers may suggest this any way if the item is over a certain value. This way you can be sure that if anything were to happen to your prized possessions, they are properly covered and can be replaced.
Understanding how to correctly insure your contents can be tricky. We deal with this everyday and we would be very happy to help you. If you need any help feel free to get in touch with us. Protecting your contents should not be a stressful process!